pardoned-noun
1.a release from the penalty of an offense
2.forgiveness of a serious offense or offender.
The Light-Jesus
John 1:9&12 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world...But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Monday, January 25, 2010

What is your worldview?

As you may know, I'm working on my Master's in Special Education. In my last class, the final paper was a book critique of "The Pattern of God's Truth." At the end of our critique, we were supposed explain our worldview. After re-visiting my paper yesterday, I decided to post some of it here. Mostly just to remind myself. So here goes:
A Biblical Worldview
A worldview is the outlook that a person has based on their beliefs regarding where they come from, who they are, and how they relate to the world. If a person has a Biblical worldview, they believe that the words of the Bible are truth. More specifically, they believe that the Bible is the inspired word of God impressed upon the authors to write down for future generations to possess. Once a person claims a Biblical worldview, certain beliefs become foundational. First of all, they believe that the earth and all its inhabitants were created by God. Also, humans were created in the image of God. Second, they believe that human beings have a sinful nature and were separated from a relationship with God after the original sin. Third, they believe that Jesus Christ came to this earth and lived a perfect life. Then he was crucified on the cross, put in a tomb, and rose three days later. The purpose of his death and resurrection was to atone for the sins of every human being that they may have a renewed relationship with God. Jesus says in John 6:38 and 40, “For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me...For my Father’s will is that everyone who looks to the Son and believes in him shall have eternal life, and I will raise him up at the last day” (The Living Application Study Bible, New International Version, p. 1888).
In addition to those basic truths, having a Biblical worldview also means that a person basis all knowledge and truth on what is found to be true in the Bible. The place to seek knowledge and answers on any topic is the Bible. In addition to seeking answers from the Bible, those with a Biblical worldview relate all knowledge to the Bible. For example, when discussing a scientific theory, it is necessary to match the plausibility of this theory with the truth found in the Bible. If any detail of the theory is in contrast to the truth of the Bible, then the theory is discredited and, therefore, thrown out by those with a Biblical worldview.
As a believer in God, I personally have a Biblical worldview. I have known the Lord as my savior since a young age and experienced his power as an adult. Because of this view, I hold the truth of the Bible as the standard by which everything else is judged. If I did not have this belief then I would have to trust that Science is correct or look for some other standard by which to make decisions. Every person must decide for themselves what standard is true. All knowledge and beliefs are looked at from the perspective of a person’s worldview.


I hope that my daily walk demonstrates this worldview. When it is my time to leave this earth, I want everyone to be clear why I was here. May my life leave no room for doubt!

No comments:

Post a Comment