pardoned-noun
1.a release from the penalty of an offense
2.forgiveness of a serious offense or offender.
The Light-Jesus
John 1:9&12 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world...But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

seems so long

Well, last time I wrote I mentioned that when Monday came I'd be back to busyness. Unfortunately, that didn't happen. On New Year's Day, Floyd I. Stanley Sr passed away. We drove to Arkansas on Monday to be with the family and attend the funeral.

If you were at that funeral, you probably would have had many of the same thoughts that I had. You see, Floyd was a pastor for many decades. More than a pastor, he was a student of God's word. He wrote many books about what he learned and taught many classes. At one point he could quote the entire Bible, literally. He knew it all by memory. At his funeral there were so many people that spoke about his devotion to the Lord. No one could doubt what the purpose of his life was. The number of people that could share Floyd's role in their life is amazing. He shared the gospel with too many people to ever count.
When I die, I know what I want my funeral to be like. You may think I'm kidding but just ask Floyd (my Floyd, Floyd III) or my kids and they'll tell you. I even have a running list of the songs I want people to sing. Not because I want to die but because I hope people know what my life is about. When I do go home for eternity, it will be just like all those before me. Those left behind will be sad but I'll finally meet my savior face to face. I hope in the meantime that I can be more like Christ every day; that I can share the gospel with the same passion that Floyd Sr did; that when others are asked to describe me whatever they say some how ties to my love of the Lord.
Of course,I hope it's not soon, I'd like to be here to see my children grow up and have their own. I'd like to do a lot of things. Those that know me well know that I'm always up for an adventure.
I pray that the Lord uses my life and that I always say yes to the adventure that He puts before me. I can't think of anyone better to plan the trip of a life!


While I'm babbling on today, I'd also like to share a little of my thoughts about my heart's prayer for day 3. So many times we focus on certain big events and spend our daily lives caught up in all the routines and mundane happenings. We're just busy going through life and we lose track. So here's my prayer...

Lord, Open my eyes to what you put in my path. I pray that I say YES when you call me in big ways and in small every day ways. Help me to focus my life on what is important. I want to live my life on a mission for your kingdom. Give me your eyes Lord! Let me see others the way you do. Let me see what you see as I walk down the hall ways at work and drive down the highway. Lord, when I see, move me to action! Give me the courage to say those words or reach out and touch. May my fear for those living without you be greater than my fear of speaking up or putting myself out there. All of this I ask in your precious son's name, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment