pardoned-noun
1.a release from the penalty of an offense
2.forgiveness of a serious offense or offender.
The Light-Jesus
John 1:9&12 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world...But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Monday, January 11, 2010

Threads of Gratitude, 01-11-10

I have no idea if anyone actually reads my ramblings but just in case, I'll give a little back history. It is possible that through someone you know at church you have seen the "threads of gratitude" in your inbox. Almost two years ago Lisa Stone started this thread. She and I and several other dear friends were in a Bible study together on Wednesday nights. One Monday she sent out an email sharing a list of some things she was grateful for. She was nervous about the reaction and being considered "a dork" but she felt that God was asking her to do this. To her surprise, everyone responded with what they were grateful for and was so excited to receive the email. Lisa continued to send a new email of gratitude every Monday. Eventually Lisa felt God directing her to spread the gratitude further, so she encouraged us all to add new people to the thread and forward it on. To this day, Lisa still sends out a thread every Monday, I only know of once that she missed because she was in the middle of nowhere without a computer (that's over 100 threads of gratitude). At this point, we don't even know how many people get it or where it ends up. It has been a great joy in my life because I look forward to hearing what others are grateful for and how God is working in all of our lives. For some reason, I felt led to post today's thread here in my blog. Perhaps it is something I will start to do so that I can look back at the gratitude of the past. If you'd like to be added to my thread, let me know and I'll make sure I have your email address.
So here is today's:

Good evening Friends, it's Monday. In fact, Monday's almost over. I'm sorry that I missed this last week. We were on the road and with family for the funeral and I never got around to sending the email. I did think about what I was grateful for though! So here we go for this week:

Father, today I am grateful for the amazing amount of memory space you have given me. I wish I had been using it to know your word for all of these years but I'm glad that you have brought me back to this simple challenge. I remember as a child we always memorized scripture but I never really tried as an adult. I LOVE that I have fresh thoughts from you rolling around in my head!

Most High, I am grateful for the desire to share you with others. You have taken me out of my comfort zone to speak to strangers twice in the last week and I have been blessed both times! Thank you and I pray that it continues.

Lord, thank you for giving me direction in my life. To know where you want me and enjoy being there is such a blessing. When the days are long and the children are irritating it is so much easier to stay the course knowing that you put me there. I am surprised by how much I enjoy it and that I don't ever desire to quit, even on the worst days.

Father, thank you for connections and easy ways to communicate with friends. It is so great to run into people and catch up knowing that you put us on a path to intercept each other!

Lastly but perhaps of most significance, thank you for your faithfulness! We know that your plan is for good and everything happens in your time. Life is so much better knowing that you will never fail us. You always answer our prayers just maybe not the way we want. I am grateful to know that you love us enough to not give us what we want but instead to give us what we need and what is best!


Friends, take some time to think about what you are grateful for and share with me if you feel led to do so!

3 comments:

  1. Tamra,

    Just came across your blog! I love the idea of Threads of Gratitude! If only we all sat down and took time to thank our Lord for the things seen and unseen! I am now a blog follower of yours :) Sorry we stole your seats on Sunday....we are "close sitters" too! See you soon!

    Christy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd be glad to add you to the Threads email, just send me your email address if you want. Also, I did feel weird sitting so far back. I had put our stuff up there but my friend asked me to move back to sit by her. You came up right after I moved our stuff, I couldn't resist giving you a hard time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tamra, I would love to be added! My email is Stoutfamily@rocketmail.com

    ReplyDelete