pardoned-noun
1.a release from the penalty of an offense
2.forgiveness of a serious offense or offender.
The Light-Jesus
John 1:9&12 The one who is the true light, who gives light to everyone, was going to come into the world...But to all who believed him and accepted him, he gave the right to become children of God.
John 8:12 When Jesus spoke again to the people, he said, "I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life."

Sunday, June 26, 2011

random reflections of the day

Today was our final preparation meeting for Uganda! We got our MRE's and last minute details. It's all so exciting. At this point last year, we were all funded for our different trips. This year, there are lots of reasons that make it more difficult for people to give. We know times are hard, heck I get my LAST pay check tomorrow. We definitely relate to financial uncertainty. I have no idea where the remaining $2730 will come from but I trust that God has a plan. Just like He has a plan for my family, He has a plan in Uganda. There are people there waiting to hear about their Savior! Their salvation is hanging in the balance. While I haven't experienced this before, I just know it is true. I know that great works are in preparation.

So many members of our team are still struggling to get funding and most of us do not have bank accounts that would easily give up a couple thousand dollars. I truely believe that this is all part of the preparation. Many conversations have been about "what if?" What if I don't get my funding? The unanimous response has been, "I will lay down everything I have in order to board that plane!" WOW!!! It reminds me of Abraham and Isaac (how fitting because Floyd has been working on his sermon for the Sunday that he'll be preaching at one of the churches in Uganda and it's about Abraham and Isaac). Abraham had to show God that he was willing to lay down everything. He laid down that which was most dear to him. Abraham was asked for way more than any of us!

Just when Abraham was ready to strike, God stepped in. He sent a ram to be sacrificed. He knew that he had all of Abraham. Genesis 22:14 says "So Abraham called the name of that place Jehovah-jireh..." Jehovah-jireh means The Lord Will Provide. What a fitting name! I have called upon that name so many times in my life. Yet I realize that I have never called on that name in the midst of starvation or from the side of a street with no place to go or from a bottomless pit of despair. In my little world, I've always had food, shelter, extra clothes, many pairs of shoes, a vehicle, electricity, running water, etc. I believe I could go on for a while. So, the question is, "does God have all of me?" Am I willing to lay down everything. To take up my cross and follow him (Mat 16:24, Mar 8:34, Luke 9:23) or to sell all of my possessions, give it to the poor, and follow him (Mar 10:21)? I would sure like to hope so.



Floyd and I are at a point where we are going to learn by experience in relying on God. While I'm a bit terrified, I am trusting "unto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that worketh in us" Ephesians 3:20. I have to trust that if God asked me to homeschool, he'll provide everything that is necessary. If he told us to go to Uganda, he'll provide all that is necessary. Whatever he asks, we must be willing to respond and trust that he will provide in his perfect time. It's difficult because I'd like to see at least a little distance up the road but I've literally got nothing! I can tell you that somehow I'm going to end up on a plane to Uganda in less than 13 days and 2 weeks after that, I'll be home. At that point, I'll begin homeschooling "officially." Every other detail is completely up in the air! Can you imagine knowing so little about your own future? People have vacations planned for further in the future than that. (I guess I misspoke, I also know that I'm scheduled on the tech team for 3 weeks after I return ;) That really is all the vision I've got!) How will God provide in the coming months? All I know is that it will be a great story of his provision. I only hope that Floyd and I can hold on and not mess things up by trying to "make things happen" ourselves. We can be a little controlling from time to time. ;)


I pray that everyone allows themselves to trust God, respond to His callings, and experience the joy and blessing of generosity! With such a great example set before us, we must realize that when our hands are open, they are eagerly giving but are also readily in the position to receive. Not to receive money or greater wealth. To receive greater joy, peace, and pleasure in a difficult world. God does not take our generosity lightly. When our hands are open, so is our heart and mind. He is able to do great work in us and through us!

So, I have no idea where this all came from and I'm not even sure that it is comprehensible but I hope you got something out of it, if you've read this far. Bottom line: God loves me, God loves you, God is our hope, our savior, our mighty fortress! In Him we can put our trust!

No comments:

Post a Comment